Friday, November 24, 2006

gobble, gobble...

I have been home recovering. Being waited on hand and foot. And I'm about sick of it. I just want to sleep in my own bed. Don't get me wrong, I adore my family, but after not living at home for almost six years I miss the independance, I miss my bed, I miss my home. I will say it again, I ADORE my family, but Im tired of sleeping on the sofa, like a vagrant. I'm squating at my parent's house. And my father follows me around, arms ousreatched, like waiting for a child just learning to walk. I'm getting pretty steady on the crutches, I'm learning that as long as the caps on pretty tightly I can throw the bottle of Aquafina to the sofa were I'm sitting. and I can get up to feed myself. I'm not fully self suficiant but I'm getting closer. and as soon as I can bear weight I will be better.

The othro-pod (My every so sweet and wonderful Dr D.) saya I can go back to work on light duty as soon as the pins come out in two weeks. I'm looking forward to that, but I'm also NOT. Because they basicly take a pair of pliers and yank those suckers out from deep within the bone...gives me the huzz just thinking about it. But I will be hppy to be back in uniform, even if it is just at HQ doing data entry.

Also Happy Turkey day to my fellow Americans. hope you had family to celebrate with, as I did. lots of food, lots of laughs. My family is well either turned ALLTHE WAY ON...or OFF and we are a family of drinkers. But I was okay I took my painkillers and flaoted away, enjoying the holiday in a drug endused haze. which in my eyes is better than an ETOH haze...so hope you got food and family .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the holiday with your family. At the risk of sounding all smarmy I'd like to say I'm thankful for my family, friends, good food and shelter. I'm also thankful for my '02 FLSTC.

No

Anonymous said...

Happy Turkey Day! I'm glad you had a good time. For me and my son, I can honestly say it was "the best Thanksgiving ever," which I honestly say every year. It just keeps getting better and better. We've established our own special traditions, including duck instead of turkey, singing to the Beatles, and going outdoors to enjoy the beautiful Southern Oregon Autumn. (Next year we plan to hike up Table Rock and have our meal up there. Hopefully it won't rain.) It doesn't have to be a big gathering to enjoy the holidays. We were listening to "Eleanor Rigby," and Dan said, "Damn, that's a sad song! She had no one to have Thanksgiving with!" True.