Monday, September 11, 2006

All Work and No Play

Work has been work. The ER is still kicking my ass and the nights Im not there Im in the back of an ambulance saving humanity. But last night, last night I was off. Out of the ER, off the ambulance. I enjoyed a night with my best friend LB and the Violent Femmes. Oh yeah baby, I leaped around till the wee hours to American Music. It was the best damn show Ive been to since Rilo Kiley graced the east coast last year. Now if Tool and Snow Patrol would just come out here I could die happy.

Life otherwise uneventful. Failing my reject math class with grace. My sister, who turns 19 this week and who is much smarter than I, will be tutoring me in the coming week. If the damn equation isn't attched to weight conversions or drugs I'm clueless. I can save you life with a straw and an avacado, but just dont ask me to tell you what the absolute power of "x" is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The straw-in-the-throat-thing i think i get. but how do you save a person's life with an avacado?
Damn! they teach you yanks some clever stuff...

painter in hiding said...

we laern that McGyver medicine over here'cross the pond

painter in hiding said...

but apparently cant teach us how to fucking spell..

Anonymous said...

spelling? thats no problem. the magic wand type "spelling" i mean. just swap the traditional stick-type magic wand for a large and heavy-duty torch-type object and hey presto! before you can say to the violent drunk:
"i say sir, do you intend do do me an injury?"
WHACK!
violent drunk has magically turned into unconscious-man-on-floor-who-was-like-that-when-i-got-here-officer-swear-to-god...

painter in hiding said...

Ha! I will have to try that one night...seems to work for the police officers

Anonymous said...

I prefer chemical restraint. The process is fairly simple once you learn the proper formula:
Take 4-6 large cops and apply them in a heaping mass on top of the flailing, screaming pt. Obtain venous access and liberally inject diazepam. Oxygenate the now snoring nutjob and transport.

No

painter in hiding said...

No...Now I HAVE used that technique. The City cops in the North Area are get with this. Those guys SCARE ME...and Im pretty fearless...for a girl :)