Tuesday, February 05, 2008

did nothing

So I was back to the streets today. The back problem was short lived, fixed with a couple of flexarils and lortabs. Thank God for that. Not too busy today, just one call. A seizure at a local supermarket resulting in a calm ride to the hospital with a postictal man who kept repeating himself. The rest of the day was spent sitting on various street corners discussing with my partner, who eats more discusting stuff, Andrew Zimmer or Anthony Bourdain. (I prefer Tony B. to the other but I just happen to like his crass, cynical attitude towards everything) Everyday can't be filled with lifesaving shocks to the heart. So there we sat for 12 hours, breathing disiel fuel, talking about fermented shark, pig entrails, and slaughtering goats and how I would never put half that stuff anywhere near my mouth. (I have been watching WAY too much of Anthony Bourdain's show on the Travel channel) Boring day really. One needs days like this though. You can't have balls to the walls days every shift, or else one would go nuts in this line of work. You gotta have sparatic do nothing days. Where you sit. And do nothing. And talk about...well...fermented shark, and pig entrails, and goat sluaghtering

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are able to come back to work so soon. Take good care of you, my friend.

No

Anonymous said...

Love your stuff. You are one sick medic and I respect that
Best Regards,
Steve Berry

painter in hiding said...

Thanks Steve
Your stuff not half bad either :)
Cheers
b-