Saturday, September 10, 2005

my hurricane

So I knew this was coming. A small hurricane is now threating my coastline in SC. So Im now getting prepared to spend the next three days weathering the storm at my EMS station. The County has put all emergency workers on alert, me included. I have to go today and brave the local Wal-Mart for my supplies to last me several days. This storm is no Katrina and the damage expected is going to be small in comparison. But we too, like New Orleans,are below sea level. And I can tell you downtown Charleston floods when a small thunderstorm drops rain on us at the wrong time (say high tide). We have to special order our ambulances so that the chasis and box are about 4in higher to help fight the flooding that happens around the hospitals in downtown Charleston. But Im not worrried about this storm. I will gather my supplies and truge off to my station tommorow .

No comments: